Welcome to Pest Animal Fairfield County! We are a wildlife removal company servicing Fairfield County, CT. We focus on humane treatment of wildlife. Our company never uses poison, unlike other pest control or exterminator companies in CT. We specialize in animals only. Call any time for a price quote - we are usually able to come to your home the same day you call! Call us now at 203-900-2225 for your Fairfield County wildlife control needs.
About Pest Animal Fairfield County and Our Services:
While some other critters in your home might be removed by trapping and relocating rats are trickier. Rats carry a multitude of diseases and can cause costly damage to your home. They will chew through wires, pipes, and insulation. This can lead to large repair costs and even fire.
While exterminators are found in every city it is important to understand what they do. There are different types of exterminators. Some will enter your home and set about poisoning the rats that are present. This is extremely painful for the rats as rat poison will essentially mean they die from internal bleeding. The exterminators will subsequently remove the dead rats and assist you in cleaning and closing up all entry points.
More humane exterminators use live traps in order to get rid of the problem. They will trap the rats and make sure that there are no babies left behind. They will then relocate the rats to a more desired area. They will assist you in cleaning the area and closing up all openings. Although it is crucial to get rid of rats as soon as you become aware of them, there is always a more humane option.
If left unchecked, you could have a rat infestation on your hands. Rats multiply rapidly and can lead to severe problems. Some rat species breed year-round. This leads to a near constant influx of baby rats. They mature relatively quickly and will start eating whatever is in sight. They will contaminate food that they come into contact with and will chew right through containers and boxes. As they are fast and small, they may be in your house for a while before you notice them. People often notice rat dropping and other damage before they see a rat. This means that they may have contaminated food supplies that you have been eating. Once you realize they are present you need to move quickly.
Checking for rats
It is vital to check for rats before they can become a problem. There are various signs that you might be missing.
· Rat droppings are usually found around food sources. This includes human food and trash as rats will often consume what you have discarded.
· Unexplained scratching noises. This is often more apparent at night as most rats are nocturnal.
· Rat nests will be found in hidden areas. Rats are intelligent and will not build a nest where they can easily be discovered. Check behind boxes and furniture. Rat nests are also found inside drawers and in attics.
· Evidence of chewing on wires.
· Rats will burrow around the yard in search of food. This will often be most evident in the vegetable garden and around fruit trees.
· Rats leave oily smudge marks on walls and furniture when they rub up against it. This can also be found on pipes and rafters.
Before you call in a professional do some research. You should be able to find someone who will get rid of your problem without resorting to inhumane ways.